CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

beach house devotion


Beach House sorta changed my life. I know that's an overused phrase nowadays but they really did change something. Their new album, Devotion, is fucking stellar. I've never felt so INTO an album since i discovered doolittle by the pixies. I don't usually expect much out of new bands these days, because ive been delving more into the vast realm of "vintage" music at my fingertips, but Devotion certainly sounds like its been around a while. The whole album is so beautifully done. The progression, the lyrics, Victoria Legrand's deep voice. It's all amazing. The album has a light, airy, transient feel to it. Which made it perfect to listen to on a breezy day at the beach, which is when i first started listening to Devotion. Now, everytime I listen to this album I feel like im at the beach, and in the presence of geniuses. I love the way it invokes this sort of cold feeling inside me. Its cold, yet warm and conjurs images of sexx on the beaches. It makes me feel lonely...yet supremely satisfied. I pretty much like all the tracks off it too. So thats a plus.

GET THIS ALBUM! ASAP

0 comments: